Tuesday 6 January 2015

Esteé Lauder Sensuous Noir and Sensuous Nude Perfumes

Estee Lauder Perfume 3

Estee Lauder Perfume 1

Two perfumes that I have coveted for years, have to be my two from Esteé Lauder and their Sensuous range, which in my opinion, is pretty much divine. I remember smelling Sensuous Noir (the purple bottle) at an EL counter, and falling in love, but then frowning a great deal, because I was a student, and could barely afford anything. Luckily for me, my parents bought it for me, for my birthday, and it became my 'special occasion' perfume, or something I wore when I wanted to smell amazing/make a good impression. It has always caused a bit of a stir, being one of those perfumes, where almost everyone asks what perfume I have on - I think it just attracts attention as it's not one of those that you come across very often. For me, it's slightly heavy to start, with a deep woody musk before it sinks into Jasmine, and then hints at Rose (purple) and Patchouli (prisma). It lingers and evokes such a promise of a good day (mainly because I can't stop sniffing myself); I think it's locked away some memories with its scent, as I remember dates with my ex and warm nights in front of the TV with friends and food. For me, it just smells comforting and safe. It has a warmth to it, that makes me think it's always perfect for Winter, or the darker months, as those are generally the times for heavier fragrances.

Sensuous Nude on the other hand, whilst maintaining the warm woodsy musk of Sensuous Noir, smells lighter and more Spring/Summer, with Jasmine, Rose (baie) and Bergamot. I love that the main note of this, is that almost earthy woodsy smell, that somehow combines the smell of a garden in warmer months. It just kind of sinks into the skin and as Esteé Lauder says 'Modern, Intimate, Feminine, Warm, like a second skin' and I couldn't agree more. It's just divine and it surrounds you with a fresh scent, that doesn't knock you in the teeth, but just lingers and plays with your senses. Sensuous Nude was awarded the 'Sexiest Fragrance for Women' award in 2012, by Cosmopolitan and years later, I can still totally see why. They're both completely seductive, hence the name of the line; Sensuous. But they don't feel like too much, or really heavy to wear, they just smell divine and for me, they remind me of perfume scented scarves, that whenever you put one on, they just provide you with that 'kick' of fragrance, which in turn reminds you of so many wonderful things. 

They are, without a doubt, two of my all time favourite fragrances, and although I don't hear a lot about them these days, they are completely worth a spritz, should you ever come across an Esteé Lauder counter. The 30ml of Sensuous Noir is £36 here, and the equivalent in Sensuous Nude is also £36, here. I think another purchase, but of the original Sensuous, may be in order, just to complete the set.. or perhaps another purchase of Sensuous Noir, because it's just so wonderfully beautiful to smell and spritz at this time of year. What are some of your favourite fragrances? Have you ever tried any from Esteé Lauder

Estee Lauder Perfume 2

Estee Lauder Perfume 4
SHARE:

1 comment

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig