Thursday 8 January 2015

Metallic heels from Next, the test-run.

Next Metallic Shoes 1 

Next Metallic Shoes 2 

Winter is here to stay for the next few months, so what better to cheer myself up than to get some new shoes for work, and these metallic beauties caught my eye right away. Metallic. Block heel. Not too high, not too low. Round toe. Everything I could ever really want in a comfortable shoe, without it looking 'too comfortable'. I used to have a pair of black flats from Clarks that I wore, almost to death, but have decided that I should try and be more stylish with my footwear this year, so these were quickly ordered and coveted when they arrived. It's really not that high a heel, which I love for work, as although I'm quite tall already, I do like a nice bit of heel, without towering over everyone else. So let's get to the details.

According to the website, 'Square toe Court Shoe' in Gold, is what they're classed as, whereas I'd think the toe was more round than square, and the colour more a soft silver/gold than the brass gold it's listed as on the website. It's rocking a slice heel and costs £30 from here, which I think is quite a good price for this shoe, but I think the main point is going to be the comfort issue. I'm all for shoes looking good, but there is a big difference between shoes for going out, and shoes for work. Going out shoes, are basically, ridiculous, with their heels and platforms (god I love them) but work shoes, are sensible in the idea that you have to stand/walk/run/climb in for a long time, without being able to sit down for an extended period of time - so you know, they've gotta be comfortable and hardwearing.  I've had bad experiences with Next shoes in the past being very uncomfortable, but I've also had some pairs that are fabulous to wear, so in my opinion, it can be quite hit or miss. I however, am optimistic about these shoes, and hope that they can last a good six hour shift with minimal amount of pain. I'll be trialling these over the course of a week or so, just to see how my feet react to them. They may be pretty, but if they're horrid, you'll be hearing about it. 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Oooooo I love them! They still look subtle even though they're metallic - great combo! Let me know how you get on with them! I might look them up :P

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig