Friday 30 January 2015

Valentine's Day Gift Guide: What to get that special Lady

Valentines Day Female 1 alentines Day Female 3 

This is part 2 of my gift guide (part 1 can be found here), and it's perhaps the more fun of the two. as it's for the ladies (holla) and I'm a lady. I just wanted to do a little sweet collection of items that I think covers all the basis for items for Valentine's Day. We're going to cover books, lipstick, eyeshadow, perfume, bath products and skincare but that doesn't mean you can't look at the lady you want to buy something for, and think outside the box. Thinking outside the box is awesome. Remember something she once said that she really liked? Or that she wanted but she couldn't afford it? Well, if you have the option to buy it, then why not? Unless it's something ridiculous like a boat, or a holiday...even though I would appreciate either of those ;) Just kidding, I get sea sick. 

For books, I chose one of my favourite poetry books, and it's Shakespeare's Sonnets and a Lovers Complaint (£11.99, here), which I think is always a romantic book to give, but seeing as I bought it for myself, it was a romantic gift to myself, from myself. I think it's always important to give a gift that's more than just makeup or socks, if they have an interest in books or films but that's just me, as I love a good book. I don't want to tell anyone what to buy, but I'm all about digging for hints and ideas, and then having a good long think, before making any decisions. You may know immediately what to get for the female in your life, and that's awesome, or you may not, and that's okay too. But just please don't leave it until the day before or the day, where you're running into Boots/Debenhams/Tesco in order to get everything that you want. Bad move. You're going to get stressed, and maybe not even get what you want. If in doubt, use the internet. The Internet and it's shopping, is your friend. 

alentines Day Female 4 alentines Day Female 5 

Makeup, I think, if she has an interest in it, is always a wonderful present, as not only does it show a great deal of thought, but that you pay attention. Perhaps to something that she'd said, or even from the links she might have sent to you - but four products that I love, two eyeshadow palettes and two lipsticks are rather wonderful presents, assuming the lipsticks are the colours that she want. Enter Clinique's Long Last Matte Lipsticks in Matte Petal (the pink one) and Matte Mandarin (the reddy, orange one) (£17.50, here) which are moisturising and matte, two of my favourite things about a lipstick, because dry and matte is a huuuge no-no for me - it's just so uncomfortable to wear on the lips. 

Then we have the first of two eyeshadow palettes; Urban Decay's Naked Basics 2 (£23, here) and L'oreal's La Palette Nude Rose (£14.99, here), both of which are gorgeous, subtle palettes, but are able to be built up for a more intense colour payoff, which I think is the best of both worlds. Whilst I think £15 is a bit expensive for a high street eyeshadow palette, the colour pay off is something you'd expect for a high end product, much like the UD palette, which at just over £20 is a brilliant offering from them, and perfect as an introduction to High End makeup, or just as an additional 'basics' palette for that special lady. 

alentines Day Female 6 alentines Day Female 7 

For skincare, I thought of two products that are basically essentials for me. A good refreshing mist from Jurlique, their Rosewater Hydrating Mist (£17, here) and some Lush bath products, such as A French Kiss (£4.25, here) which is a perfect mix of lavender and relaxing coconut oil, which is amazing to just send you into that pre-sleep phase, before drifting off to sleep. I think any selection from Lush is a winner, as not only does it show thought and consideration, but Lush are very ethical and natural in their product choices, so it's a win all around. And lastly, such as Rain from Library of Fragrance (£15, here), which is such an unusual scent and one of my favourite perfumes for that hit of freshness, that instantly perks you up. I did a review on it here, as well as another offering from them called Grass, which is just as gorgeous, in my opinion. But unusual perfumes aren't necessarily the way to go, because if you know that they love a certain brand of type of scent, then that should be the way forward. Don't be afraid to ask one of the assistants in Boots, Debenhams or the Perufme Shop, as i'm sure they have a great deal of knowledge. I also think that closer to the date, numerous bloggers will be posting gift guides with various perfumes in them, so I also think those are wonderful to look at.

As for me, for Valentine's Day, I'd like nothing more than some bubble bath (here) and maybe a body oil (here) because my skin is super dry in this weather. And maybe, for a little something extra, a little product from my Boots wish list. I'm not really one to expect flowers or anything extravagant, so I think a night in, takeaway and Netflix is more up my street. How will you be spending your Valentine's Day? Do you have a gift in mind that you'd like? 

alentines Day Female 8 alentines Day Female 2
SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Those clinique lipsticks are gorgeous I'd be so happy to receive any of these gifts. Just need to find myself a buyer first hahaha xx

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are so many great gift ideas here! I would love to receive a palette!

    nueyork.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great picks! Those are some beautiful pictures!

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig