Tuesday 20 January 2015

La Roche-Posay Effaclar Duo + Review


This may have passed into one of those 'read about it, bought it, use it and no one talks about it anymore' kind of product because that's what I do. I read about it, bought it, use it and don't really mention it unless someone talks about blemish prone skin, or my boyfriend moans about his skin - to which I break out all my wonder products, which leave him looking glowy and healthy the next day. But let's talk about this. It's passed out of the 'new' products (thanks to the La Roche-Posay 3 Step Anti-Blemish System) but it is still regarded as something quite cult, which is what it should be. I use Effaclar Duo + every morning and night, and my skin really does suffer without it. I don't really see a great deal of difference between the old Effaclar Duo and the Effaclar Duo +, as they both work wonders on my skin, so I wouldn't say either was better - they're just equally as good in my opinion.

Effaclar Duo + retails at £15.50 here (Boots) or on offer at Escentual for £13.15, but regardless of price, I would buy this. It's definitely worth stocking up when Escentual has a 1/3 off French Skincare, or Boots has 3 for 2 on skincare so I don't run out and panic over how my skin will cope without it. I even gave one to my boyfriend to use, with perhaps the subconscious desire to constantly have one near me when I visit, incase I forget mine. This is a firm favourite in my morning and night skincare routine (after my eye cream but before all my oils and serums) and is the main product I use to fight blemishes, and control the amount of oil that my skin produces. For me, the texture is quite silky but quite thin, so a little bit goes a long way on the face. I usually squeeze out a line, no longer than top third of my index finger, then rub it together with my other fingers, before applying to my skin, avoiding the under eye area as that would be a disaster waiting to happen otherwise (read blisters and eczema - had both and it was painful). Then I follow it with moisturising products, such as my Balance Me Rose Otto Facial Oil or my Trilogy Rosehip Facial Oil, but making sure that the product has been absorbed into the skin before applying an oil, which for me usually takes a minute or so. This product always makes me skin feel really smooth and lovely, but if you only take one thing from this post, it would be to moisturise afterwards, with a moisturiser suitable for your skin type - as even though this isn't necessarily drying on oily/combination skin, I think adding some moisture back into the skin, especially with an oil, would definitely help to improve the texture and look. Oils on oily skin you say? Madness! You'd think that, but it's really not. Numerous bloggers have written about it, and I think I will in the upcoming weeks - but please don't shy away from a lightweight, natural oil just because you think it'll add to the oil on your face (in a bad way); it won't. 

I've been using this product for goodness knows how long, probably a year or so, maybe longer. I've repurchased it numerous times, and cannot imagine my skincare without it. It helps to 'control shine, unclog pores and refine the texture of the skin' which I definitely agree with, as it's undoubtedly helped my skin get into its best shape in a long time. My skin, whilst oily/combination, is also sensitive, and it doesn't irritate, so if you're worried about anything like that, I'd read a good combination of reviews, just incase any bloggers or customers have reported back about reactions - but everything I've heard has been positive. Do you use Effaclar Duo + by La Roche-posay? Is it a staple in your routine? Or is it something you've considered? 



SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I can't live with out my Effaclar Dou and also Serozinc, I am so glad they sell Serozinc on Escentual now so I can pick the two up together when I run out.
    Love your blog, just found it by #bbloggers on twitter

    PS over on my blog I am having a Jo Malone giveaway:

    http://milliecbeauty.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/jomalone-giveaway.html

    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooo i use the La roche 24 hour intensive moisturiser and love it but i've never tried this! going to have to keep a look out for it when it's on offer

    www.oliviamulhearn.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© bexhowells. All rights reserved.
Blogger templates by pipdig